Sunday, October 11, 2009

21-Sep-2009 (Mon): Back Pain Relieved

A lady (Sharon) from the Christian Healing Forum called me today at lunch time. She had sent me the following private message on the forum:
“I was so encouraged by your testimony of the really quick laying on hands for Steven's back. An example of less is more. I think that is just what I need! Most of the time my experience of people laying on hands on me has been I feel SO much, and with the extreme hypersensitive state of my body, it is just way too much input. Afterwards I get worse. So I know that is the enemy, and I have been asking God how to deal with it...that testimony really struck me. Can I call you for prayer and we could try it over the phone? You can pray and I'll lay hands on myself and then immediately remove. Let me know, also if you have any other thoughts or suggestions.”
In mercy, I just gave her my office number and apologized for not getting back to her sooner. She replied:
“Great to hear from you! And no, I did not think you were terrible or anything of the sort. I thought I was probably being too forward, or that maybe you wanted to wait for the conference call. Thanks so much for your offer to call at work! I'll call sometime this next week.”
So she called. Much to my surprise, she said she had some things to pray for me about. She said that God told her He wants my eyes perfect. So she had me remove my glasses and anoint them with water. I did. She prayed, but I didn't see any difference. She then asked me to remove my glasses and read something while simultaneously praying in the Spirit. She said this is the way in which Andrew Wommack got his eyesight back. I will practice this.

She also said God told her to pray the Ephesians prayer for me, that God was going to increase the revelation of Christ in me so that the faith I have is greatly increased. This is a confirmation to me! Reason-being, this very morning I had asked God for this very thing! Wow. Here is the Ephesians prayer she prayed:
“Asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give [Greg] spiritual wisdom and insight so that [he] might grow in [his] knowledge of God. I pray that [his] heart will be flooded with light so that [he] can understand the confident hope [God] has given to those He called—His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance. I also pray that [Greg] will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe Him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Now He is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come. God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made Him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is His body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.” (Ephesians 1:17-23).
I receive that.

Then I asked what she was suffering with and she explained she has many chemical sensitivities, but it all seemed to start when she injured her lower back many years ago. I told her God has given me great faith for backs. So I prayed for both her lower and upper back (which she also told me was painful). Jesus touched her lower back and it popped and got warm and tingly! Her upper back also got very warm! She was excited and felt much relief, but she said the real test would be if she could sit for a long period of time.

She was very kind, and I offered to pray for her again at lunch at the office if she needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment