Sunday, October 11, 2009

05-Sep-2009 (Sat): Rejection

Nearly every year on Labor Day weekend, we visit much of my wife (TammyM's) family while they are all camping in Pigeon Forge, TN. We usually have a big picnic together with all the fixins. Many of her family have various things wrong with them, but in particular my heart went out to my wife's young 2nd cousin (Taylor) who had a knee brace on from a pulled ACL tendon in her knee. She was particularly in pain that day. I asked her dad (Scott) if I could pray for her. At the time she was sitting in the backseat of the family car with her boyfriend. I asked her if I could pray for her. I could tell she was extremely embarrassed by the question and had a bad attitude about it. I laid my hand on her knee anyway and commanded healing. She laughed at me. I said, “Anything different?” She said, “No, of course not.” I said, “Are you sure? Try it.” She replied in a snide way, “I believe it is still going to hurt,” and snickered again, making fun of me. I couldn't talk her into trying it, and I felt like a complete fool. I was unprepared for this kind of rejection. I shouldn't have been, but I was. I let it go and backed my way out of the situation, expressing my concern for her pain. I decided to talk to Father about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment