Friday, December 4, 2009

04-Dec-2009 (Fri) - Jesus Came To the Company Christmas Dinner

Tonight, the company my mom (Janice) owns, my older sister (TammyC) runs and my younger sister (Jennifer) and her husband (Jimmy) work for had their annual Christmas dinner. I and my family are always invited. So my wife (TammyM) and 2 of my daughters (Karahann & Kayla) went for dinner.

While eating hors d'oeuvres, my aunt (Shelia) sat beside me. I knew she'd been suffering various pains because my mom (her sister) told me. So I asked how she was doing. She began to tell me she had arthritis all over her body. Specifically, her knee hurt her, her fingers had nodules on them and were painful to bend, and her left shoulder hurt her when she moved it in a circular motion. I asked her if I could pray for her. She agreed. I held her hands in mine and commanded pain & arthritis to leave her body entirely in Jesus' Name. Then I asked her what she was feeling. She said, “I feel tingly all over.” I told her that was the power of God touching her body. I said, “Move your fingers.” She did and was pleasantly surprised. She said, “I can move them more freely!” I said, “I don't doubt it a bit. Jesus is amazing.” She asked, “Can you lay hands on my knee?” So I put my hand on her knee and commanded it to be healed, then asked her to move it. She said, “This is wild. It doesn't hurt!” Then she said, “How, about my shoulder?” I said, “What about it?” She said, “It hurts when I do this...” and then she moved her shoulder in a circular motion. Another wonderful look of surprise came over her face and she said, “Well, it used to hurt!” Jesus touched her shoulder and we didn't even ask Him to! I told her, “Jesus is healing your body.” She said, “You mean, as long as I believe?” I said, “Well, it doesn't really matter what you believe; Jesus will heal you because I believe, but, yes, He wants you to believe too.” She said, “This is wild. You need to pray for Harry, he can hardly walk.” Harry is my uncle, Shelia's husband. I said, “OK, I will.”

By this time people were getting in line to get their dinner. So I got in line with my family and we all ate dinner. My Aunt Shelia said, “I feel so good I think I'll take up bowling again.” I told her that was the right attitude! She got her food and sat down with my cousin (John) and began to tell him what had just happened to her. John, had been healed of back problems through prayer (see several other blogs below). He began to share with her what happened to him. They invited me over and we talked about Jesus. Aunt Shelia asked, “Do you have to have a special calling to do this?” I said, “No, of course not. Any believer can do this. You can't pray enough, prepare enough, be holy enough to earn this ability. You also can't sin enough to disqualify yourself from it either. If you believe Jesus paid the price for your sins and sicknesses, then He will work through you too to heal.”

My youngest daughter (Kayla) wanted to go to a basketball game, so we had planned on leaving a bit early. I also knew that tomorrow, John's mom, my Aunt Kathy (who was also there) [see pic left], was going to be leaving to go back home to Detroit. So being a bit rushed, I wanted to pray for her & my Uncle Harry before going. I had asked Father for the opportunities. So as I stood up from the table and was telling some people bye, my Aunt Kathy walked up to hug me goodbye. John said, “I really wanted you to lay hands on my mom before she left.” I said, “OK. Let's do it.” I asked Aunt Kathy what was hurting her. She said she had pain down her left leg which she believed was caused by a back problem. So I asked if I could pray for her. She agreed. I put my hand on her back and commanded pain to leave and for it to be healed. I felt a hand-sized part of her back get very warm. I said to Aunt Shelia, “Come over here and see if you can find the warm spot where God is working.” She did; she was very moved. My Aunt Kathy said she could feel the warm spot and that it felt very good! We left it at that, and John told her that if there was a warm spot, then God was at work and something good had happened.

Still in a bit of a rush, I saw my Uncle Harry hobble toward the kitchen by himself... perfect! So I went over to him and told him I was leaving, but I wanted to find him and pray for him before I left. Then I asked him what was hurting him. He said the lower part of his right leg from the shin down to his toes was numb and he couldn't even walk on it or use it. It had caused him to fall 2 times back in the summer while he was working in his garden, and both times he had to have someone help him get up because he couldn't use it. He walked with a noticeable shuffle and limp. I asked him if I could pray for him, and he agreed. So I took his hand and commanded feeling to be restored to his right foot and for it to be healed. Then I looked up at him (he had his eyes closed) and asked, “Do you feel that?” He said, “Yes! Actually I do.” I asked, “What do you feel?” He said, “I felt a release run through my leg.” I said, “Good! That's the power of God touching your body. Try it out!” He took a step and said, “That really is different! I think I can walk on it.” I said, “Walk on it.” He walked up the hall a ways with no limp! I asked, “How's that?” He said, “Much better!” He then told me how it had really pained him to not be able to do the normal things he loved doing. Tears welled up in his eyes a little, but he held them back, but he said, “Thank you so much for thinking of me, Greg.” This made everything worthwhile to me; to hear my uncle say something like that.

Thank You Jesus for visiting the company Christmas dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment