Sunday, July 18, 2010

18-Jul-2010 (Sun) - No More Pain

Today while visiting the nursing home to see my father-in-law (Bobby), me and my wife (TammyM) and my middle daughter (Karahann) were wheeling Bobby down the hall to go outside, and one of the CNAs (Gina) grabbed me and said, "I have a friend here that really needs your prayers. She is in great pain today. Would you come and pray for her?" Gina is the one whose knee I prayed for got healed (see here).

Gina walked me down the hall to the lady's room (Marvina). I asked her to go in first and make sure it was OK if a stranger came in to pray for her. I didn't want to scare her. Gina went in and then in a few seconds motioned me to come on.

I went in and Marvina was laying on her bed. You could tell by her face she was in a lot of pain. She reached out her hand and shook mine as Gina introduced us. I asked her if it was OK for me to pray and lay hands on her and she said it was and that she believed in the laying on of hands. Wonderful! I told her that Jesus healed Gina's knee and that's why Gina came and got me. I told Marvina that I was going to pray, but it may not be like any prayer she's ever heard. She said, "I doubt it." I asked, "Really? Why?" She said, "I'm pentecostal-holiness. I believe in speaking in tongues and the laying on of hands. I've even spoken in tongues once." Nice! I said, "OK, I stand corrected! Then I will pray like you've probably heard many times before." I asked her where her pain was from 1-10 and she said it was an 8. Gina and I put our hands on her and I commanded pain to leave. I then asked if anything changed and she said "No." So I said, "All right, hang on, you're gonna feel it this time." Then I relaxed remembering it was not me that is doing the healing or bearing the pain... it is Jesus. Then I rebuked pain and touched her abdomen only briefly. "How about now?" Big ole tears welled up in her eyes and she lifted her hands and began to praise Jesus. She finally said, the pain dropped suddenly to about 2, mild discomfort, her words. I commanded pain to leave 100%! She said it totally eased off!

Thank You Jesus for bearing our pains!

I told Marvina I would come back and check on her often because I came to visit my father-in-law about 5-7 times a week. She said that would be fine, and continued to weep and praise Jesus. Gina was moved to tears too, and hugged my neck and thanked me for praying for her.

Gina's faith and Marvina's faith drew the great power of God to themselves. My faith was hardly involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment