Monday, December 14, 2009

12-Dec-2009 (Sat) - Jesus Comes to a Birthday Party

Today, my mom (Janice's) sister-in-law (Aunt Peggy) threw a surprise birthday party for her husband (Uncle Larry) [see Aunt Peggy & Uncle Larry pic right]. It was a 2½ hour drive to their house from where I live, so it was a full evening of family and fun. My Uncle Larry was fully surprised and the food was pretty good.

But as me & my family were getting ready to leave (already had my coat on), my mom came up and asked me to pray for my Uncle Larry before we left. She said he'd been fighting diabetes. She told him about Jesus removing a growth on her scalp [see 30-Nov-2009] to encourage him. (By the way, my mom had gone back to the doctor for her appointment on 10-Dec-2009, and the doctor was amazed that he couldn't find the spot at all! He asked my mom what had happened and she told him it was removed through prayer. He had nothing to say about that). Then I called my sister (TammyC) over and we 3 laid hands on him and I commanded his pancreas to function properly and for his blood to be cleansed and sugar levels to come back to normal. I didn't feel anything, but I'm used to the person I'm praying for feeling something, so I asked, “Do you feel that?” He said, “Yes I do.” I asked him what he felt. He said, “I feel really warm all over my body. And I feel really good!” So I told him it was Jesus healing his body of diabetes and that he should check his sugar levels when he can to see about it.

We were standing in the kitchen and my Uncle Harry [see Uncle Harry on far left of pic] was sitting there. I asked him how his leg was doing (which I had prayed for last week at the Christmas party [see 04-Dec-2009]). He said, “Much better, but now it takes spells where it hurts.” It had been completely numb and Jesus restored feeling in it last week, so now, evidently, he was feeling pain in it. So I put my hand on his leg and commanded pain to leave. It left immediately! He said, “Well, now it feels pretty good!”

I'm still trying to leave, but then, my Aunt Shelia [see on far right in pic above] (whom I had also prayed for at last week's Christmas party, [see 04-Dec-2009]) wanted more prayer for her shoulder. It didn't hurt much any more but it was still stiff. So I laid hands on her shoulder and it got really warm and the stiffness was removed. Meanwhile, one of my first cousins (Lora Ann's) husband (Scott) saw what was going on and evidently had asked my sister (TammyC) what was going on. She told him to go over and let me pray for him for his shoulder. He witnessed Aunt Shelia's healing just then.

I said to Scott [see Scott's crazy face right], “What is the problem?” He said his shoulder hurt every morning really bad like it had popped out of joint or something during the night. I asked, “Is it hurting now?” He said it was when he rolled it back to a certain position. I laid hands on it and commanded the pain to leave in Jesus' Name. He said, “Nah, it's still the same,” and started to walk away, but I said, “Hold on, man, I'm not done.” So he walked back over. I did it again and told him to try it again. This time he said, “Wow, that's really different!” I said, “I know. This is Jesus, He's amazing.” He said, “Do it again!” So I did, and then I challenged him to try to find the pain. He couldn't. He said it was stiff, but there was no pain. Then he started telling me a story of an encounter he had had with God.

Meanwhile, my Aunt Shelia wanted prayer for carpal tunnel that she could feel in her thumbs. Her fingers still felt great from where we had prayed against arthritis last week. So I put my hand on one of her thumbs and commanded healing. She tested it and said it was a little different. “OK,” I said, “Let's do this. For some reason this works for me. I'm going to lay hands on your thumb and command the pain to leave. As soon as I take my hand off, you press your thumb really hard where it hurts the worst.” She said, “But it will hurt!” I said, “No, it won't. Trust me.” So I did it and she pressed it. Instantly, no pain. She immediately presented me the other thumb. Again, instantly healed. I told her to try to find the pain. She couldn't. Then there was a small growth on her scalp (similar to my mom's), and I put my finger on it and cursed it. I told her, “It will be gone in a day or two.”

Again, still trying to leave (it was getting late), my Uncle Sammy [see pic left of my sister TammyC & Uncle Sammy] wanted prayer for a growth on his nose. I put my finger on it and cursed it and told him the same, “It will be gone in a day or two.” He also wanted prayer for his right upper arm. He had fallen on a river bank a few weeks ago, and hit his biceps really hard, and it had actually deformed the muscle. When he flexed the muscle, it was all bunched up to the upper part of his arm and there was significant gap between his muscle and the bend of his arm. I laid hands on it and commanded the muscle to move to its original position. He felt something happen, but we couldn't visually tell any difference. I told him to just check it day by day and see if it moves.

Before I finally left, Scott asked me some more questions. He wanted to know would this work if the person had cancer. I told him cancer was no different than anything else that had happened here. He said, “But sometimes God doesn't answer that prayer.” I said, “Did you hear me pray? Did I asked God to heal your shoulder?” He said he didn't understand, and that he hadn't really paid that much attention to what I said. I said, “I didn't ask God to heal anyone tonight, because I already know that is what He wants. Instead, I just told the body part to be made whole and the bad stuff to move out.” He didn't understand, and wanted to know about sins, and what if you'd caused your own problems, etc. I said, “Scott, I'm gonna make this real easy for you, and you'll never be taken in by false teaching ever again after you understand this one thing.” He was ready for it. You see, he and my cousin (Lora Ann) are very health-conscious in their food and lifestyle. So I said, “Jesus is the only example of how Father God really is. No one else in the Bible or in life perfectly represents Father, right?” He agreed. I said, “Then we can't get our ideas about Father God from any other man. And when we watch Jesus in the Bible we see Him heal everybody in a multitude. He didn't separate out the crowd into groups of people who ate healthy and who didn't eat healthy. He didn't separate them into groups of people who caused their own health problems and those that didn't. He didn't separate them into groups of people who exercised and those who didn't. He just healed them all even if they were the cause of their own problems.” I explained further that sin was taken care of forever and there was never any condemnation for believers. I didn't realize it at the time but my Uncle Larry was hanging on these words as well. I think both he and Scott got a revelation. I hope so.

Then, we walked out the door, but my Aunt Peggy caught us and told us that Uncle Larry was very interested in God and the Bible lately. She said he had asked some really good questions that she wasn't sure about and wanted to know if I would mind talking with him at length. Of course, I can't wait for that.

Wow, that was fun! I just wished we'd started earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment