Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Cleaning Lady Healed

The other day I was visiting my father-in-law in the nursing home bringing him lunch. I usually visit him at least once a week, sometimes more. Each time I go visit I like to take him something to eat. He loves Long John Silver's fish and he usually just wants one piece. While we were in the cafeteria enjoying our fish, one of the cleaning ladies sat down at the table and spoke to us. She is always happy to see me and my family and she is one of the genuinely sweetest Christians I believe I've ever met. There are lots of problems in her life, but she is always singing, hugging and working. She has a brother who is mentally challenged and she's always telling me about what he's doing. So, needless to say, we love it when she takes time to visit.

She ended up telling me she had to go to the doctor the next day for tests to be run on her heart. She also told me she had a small irritating cyst on the underside of her eyelid. She had had it pierced once before some time ago, but it was back. We talked further and she was about to leave and I grabbed her hand, "Don't leave until we pray." She said, "OK! I need all the prayer I can get." I said, "We all do, but I'm going to lay hands on you and Jesus is going to work on your heart and your cyst." She said, "That sounds great!"

I took both of her hands in mine and thanked Father for His completed work in Christ for her healing, and grace for me and her. Then I commanded her heart to be strengthened and made whole right now and, like the fig tree Jesus cursed, I commanded that cyst to leave her body now and to bear no more fruit in it.

Suddenly she took a deep breath and opened her eyes wide, "I'm on fire inside!" LOL, this is a common sign of God's healing power working in her body. She felt a sudden tingle in her eyelid. She told me her heart was hot and I felt the heat coming from her entire body! It was amazing. She rolled her eyes around and couldn't find the cyst! It had decreased in size to just a small red mark on the underside of her eyelid in just a few minutes. Wow. Jesus is amazing!

I loved on her and she went away in tears of joy and singing (normal!). Next time I see her I've got to ask her about her heart tests and see how it goes. I'll post an update when I hear.

Jesus is like a healing machine. His grace and mercy are over all His works. He is ever faithful to heal the sick, not to receive glory like He is some kind of "glory hound", but rather, because He truly deeply and unashamedly loves us so. Praise Him and go lay hands on the next sick person you find. And don't you pray and ask Father to heal! No, no, no. You do it like Jesus did and speak to that mountain and that fig tree and tell that sickness what to do in the Name of Jesus! It must obey you! (John 14:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment