Thursday, October 14, 2010

14-Oct-2010 (Thu) - Diabetes healed!

Jesus is always amazing. I mean, you lay hands on the sick and you absolutely expect healing to happen every time, but wow, when He does sometimes, you are still amazed!

A friend of mine (Mike) called me last week and said that for the last several days he had felt absolutely terrible. He said he couldn't sleep and would wake up completely dehydrated and very thirsty and that he was spending a whole lot of time going to the restroom. He said he drank a sweet tea and thought immediately afterward that he was going to die. He told his symptoms to some people and they told him that it sounded like the classic symptoms of diabetes. So he did some research on the Internet and sure enough his symptoms were at the top of the list. He told me he wasn't really all that scared because he knew Jesus heals everything. Amen!
Matthew 4 (NLT)
23 Jesus traveled throughout the region of Galilee, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness.
24 News about him spread as far as Syria, and people soon began bringing to him all who were sick. And whatever their sickness or disease, or if they were demon possessed or epileptic or paralyzed—he healed them all.
And Jesus is exactly the same now as He was then, and He hates sickness just as much.

So, Mike called me on the phone while he was driving down the road. I've learned that the "prayer" is never asking God to do anything at all. Jesus never asked Father to heal anyone. Instead, He just did it. Now understand, the power is not from us, it is not our power. It is analogous to the power company and your house. You don't have the power to turn on the light in the room, but you do flip the switch. You don't call the power company and ask them to turn the light on in the room, you just flip the switch yourself. Think about it; if you did call the power company and say, "Hey, I need you to provide the power to light up this room," they would think you were crazy. It is the same with Father God and the power to heal. He has already provided the power; it is there whether you feel it or not; and it is always faithful to "turn the light on" and heal the sick every time. He is more faithful than gravity. And just as you would be completely surprised if you flipped the switch on and nothing happened, so should you be likewise surprised if you lay hands on the sick and nothing happens. Father is completely faithful!

So, my "prayer" was something like this, "Father, I thank you that you have provided healing for us. I thank You, Jesus, that you said that as believers in You, that we can do Your very works in healing the sick. I thank You, Jesus that you healed every kind of sickness and every kind of disease, and that would include diabetes. I thank You Jesus, that as the Father sent You into the world to destroy the works of the devil, so You sent us into the world to destroy the works of the devil. So, as a son of God with Your authority, I speak to this diabetes in Mike's body and I command you to get out, right now, in Jesus' Name. I command sugar levels in Mike's body to be regulated. I command Mike's pancreas to work properly now, in Jesus' Name."

Please understand the "prayer" is nothing special. It is really for me to focus on Jesus, and for Mike to focus on Jesus, Who is the Healer. We do not have the power to heal, but we do flip the switch by focusing on Jesus. It is all about Him and His love for us, not our love for Him. Anybody can flip the switch. The power is indiscriminate and freely provided to all. God does not honor one believer over another... absolutely ANYBODY can flip a switch and turn a light on in the room. So it is with God. You can never be good enough to make healing work, and you can never be bad enough for it not to. Sin is not the issue. The bills have all been paid, and the power is available... so FLIP THE SWITCH!

I have found the biggest hindrance to healing is believing there are hindrances to healing.

After a few minutes of quietness, I asked Mike if he felt anything. He said he immediately got hot all over his body while he's driving down the road! Yes! A manifestation is usually proof that you are plugged in to Father's power. We thanked Father for the manifestation, and proclaimed Jesus' continued work in him for complete recovery.

I spoke to Mike last night and he said that after 2 days all the symptoms completely disappeared! Praise You Jesus! He said he had just eaten some ice cream (which last week would've made him feel terrible) and that he felt great. He said he was no longer waking up at night dehydrated and thirsty, nor was he thirsty throughout the day. He was also back to regular restroom visits.

Father, I love You so much, and I so love it when You work Your wonders for us!

2 comments:

  1. "I have found the biggest hindrance to healing is believing there are hindrances to healing."

    --that makes a lot of sense, Greg! I'm mentally working through those "hindrances" and still needing to grow in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bert, I guarantee faith is not what you need. Every time Jesus said something like, "If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed..." He was not saying to the disciples that they needed faith. He was saying, "Faith is not the issue because a person needs so little (mustard-seed size) to do great miracles (cause the mountain to go to the sea)."

    You do not need more faith. You either believe or you don't. You merely must stop disqualifying yourself with thoughts of why it won't work for you. Instead, you need to start qualifying yourself using Jesus' very own words. Then just go out and start doing it, the Bert way. Don't do it my way, or Roger Sapp's way, or anybody else's way... YOUR way is the way Jesus wants you to do these things.

    I cannot tell you how simple it really is. WE MAKE IT SO HARD by thinking we need something else before we start. Like, "I need more faith" "I need less doubt" "I need to pray more" "I need a special anointing" "I need to stop sinning"... all of these thoughts disqualify yourself. QUALIFY yourself with things like, "I don't need more faith, Jesus said I had enough" "I don't have any doubt because Jesus said I can do His works" "I don't have to pray more because that doesn't make Jesus faithful to His word" "I don't need a special anointing because Jesus said anybody can do His work" "I don't need to stop sinning because I'd have to leave planet earth to accomplish that and Jesus' blood is enough for ALL my shortcomings."

    These thoughts QUALIFY you. Then the doing of it just becomes a VERY RELAXING experience.

    ReplyDelete