Wednesday, May 5, 2010

02-May-2010 (Sun): Crutches Not Needed

I was visiting my father-in-law (Bobby) and his sister (Susie) and her husband (Jim) had him out at the gazebo eating lunch. I noticed Jim was using crutches. I asked him what happened. He said about 2 or 3 weeks ago, while working out in his field looking for a water leak, his tractor rolled back on him and completely ran over both his lower legs. No bones were broken but he was so badly bruised and the muscles so badly smashed that he couldn't walk. His son helped him to the house. He said for the next 3 days he couldn't walk. His wife wanted to take him to the emergency room when it happened but he refused. He said he would've gone if he thought something serious had happened. After 3 days he noticed his legs were getting better and he could walk on crutches, but he's been on crutches now for 2 weeks. He told me he could put a little weight on them now, but they were still painful.

I told Jim that I hadn't been able to get much happening with Bobby for some reason, but that I believed if he'd let me put my hands on his legs and pray that Jesus would heal him right then and there. He and Susie agreed. Bobby was watching. I put my hands on his shoes (didn't want to touch his bruised legs and possibly cause him pain), and commanded his legs to be made whole and for pain to leave. Very casually (I love that!), Jim said, "They're getting warm." After a few seconds I asked him to try them out. He casually stood up without his crutches and walked over to the edge of the gazebo and spit (he had tobacco in his mouth), then calmly walked back to the seat and sat down and said, "I haven't been able to walk without my crutches for 2 weeks." So I asked if the pain was gone. He said, "Yep. Feels much better thank you."

He still had a bit of a limp, but he walked the rest of the time without his crutches. What I love most about this healing encounter was its casualness. Neither Susie nor Jim got excited but just thanked Jesus and continued with their visit.

Yes, that is how simple it should be to get others healed. It is as easy as the forgiveness of sins. You simply accept it, and move on. Thank You, Jesus, for the provision of both forgiveness of sins and the healing of our bodies in Your work of redemption!

No comments:

Post a Comment