Tuesday, March 9, 2010

09-Mar-2010 (Tue) - More than a healing

Last night, Monday, 08-Mar-2010, me and my sister (TammyC) went to a lady's house to lay hands on her. I had prayed with her once before on Saturday, 27-Feb-2010. On that day this is what happened:

On 27-Feb-2010, me & my family attended dad's memorial show (Leon Kiser Memorial Tribute Show). It is a celebration of bluegrass & mountain music in our area. Two or 3 people are honored for their contribution to the traditional music. All proceeds go to a scholarship at a local college. In case you don't know, Bristol, TN, (not Nashville) is the birthplace of country music (as acknowledged by the US government and the Smithsonian Institute). My dad helped get that established before he died. (see Bristol, TN & Leon Kiser). Normally, me & my family open up the show with a couple of songs in honor of my dad. But his year, me & my wife (TammyM) just couldn't do it because that very same day we laid my mother-in-law's body in the grave. But, my girls (Kimberly, Karahann & Kayla), my niece (Hannah) & my big sister (TammyC) [see pic above], however, did do a couple of songs to open the show. My wife and I just wanted to see the girls and then go backstage to thank some people and leave. It was a very hard day.

So, while we were thanking certain people for all their help during this time of my mother-in-law's sickness, I saw an elderly lady on a cane that I knew. I knew she had severe back troubles and she had asked that me and my sister come and lay hands on her earlier this week, but I was not able to do so. She walked up and hugged us [see pic right]. As she was talking to my sister & wife, I just put my hand on the small of her back. She asked, "Are you praying for me?" I said, "Yes ma'am I am. Do you feel that?" I hadn't said anything at all as far as praying goes. I told her Jesus was working on her back and she would certainly feel something in a second or so. She did. So much so, that she said, "I'm gonna need a chair. I can hardly stand up." We got her a chair and I left my hand on her for about 10 minutes. I told her this healing belonged to her because of what Jesus had done for her.

I had to leave, so I didn't get to stay much longer with her. Her back got very hot and was still very hot when I left. I had her stand up and test it out. She burst into tears right there in front of all the musicians backstage. Some were watching with great interest. I asked one lady to come over and feel Jesus working. She was amazed too. I told them Jesus must like bluegrass music to show up here and do this... hahahaha! That really tickled them all.

I knew she hadn't gotten it all, but wow, it was amazing. I just learned that she actually lives very near me, so I planned on paying her another visit laying hands on her again. The next day (Sun, 28-Feb-2010) I got an e-mail from her:
Good Morning Greg

Funny, but I was sitting here thinking of what I wanted to say in this email when your message popped up on FB!

Wonderful things take place at the LKM shows! There have been several special events in my life that have happed back stage on the last Sat in Feb! Other stories for other times.

I know Jesus could heal me totally in a flash, but He is choosing to do this slowly. I am not pain free, but I will be! I did not use the cane the rest of the evening, but after numerous trips up and down the steps, I did need it by the time I left. This morning I am able to get out of bed fairly easily and am walking without the "stick". I have several problems, all working together to control me with pain. My lower back is the worst long term, but right now is causing the least pain, even so the leg problem improved some also.

People were asking "Where is you cane?" Seems every year there is a story to tell about the show.......this year's story is the best by far. God Bless You and your family. I love you folks dearly.
Praise Jesus!

So, here is how our visit to her last night (Monday, 08-Mar-2010) went:

We arrived at her home and I saw her cane stored; she told me she hadn't used it or needed it since that night backstage. She still had a minor bit of "discomfort" in her back, but had severe pain in her left leg. Her left leg from knee to hip was very painful to push on. She would nearly double over with pain if she pushed on it.

We discussed the gospel for a good 30 minutes. My sister and I gave her plenty of testimonies and explained Jesus' goodness and how He perfectly represented our Father. All through this she kept saying, "There is more than just healing going on here. More than you know." I had no idea what she meant, but we continued. The witness of the gospel was very strong to her heart and she was quite emotional talking and listening about Jesus.

We laid hands on her leg (well, technically, she laid hands on her own leg and we put our hands on hers). Her doctors were going to give her shots in her leg today (Tue, 09-Mar-2010) to alleviate the pain. They told her she had arthritis, bursitis among other things. I explained those were just names under the Name of Jesus and there was none of those things in God's Kingdom which was about to touch her.

Her leg got warm and the pain was completely eliminated except in a few little bitty spots. It went from occupying her entire upper leg to a mildly sore spot the size of your finger tip here and there. But during all this I noticed that the lower lumbars of her back got extremely warm (hot even!) and, wow, they remained that way for more than an hour! You could feel the heat off of it without even touching her... just passing your hand by. Also during this time many "electric shocks" would go down her leg. She was in tears much of the time.

I finally got up enough courage to ask her what she meant by "more than healing going on." She finally told me that she had been a very mad and bitter woman toward God for years and years. She blamed Father for her husband's death. I smiled really big, because now I knew what to say. I simply said, "It's hard to be mad at Someone who is healing you, isn't it?" This really moved her. Then I explained the passage about Jesus telling us that we, as parents, know how to give good gifts to our children, and so, therefore, does God. God is not a child abuser. She totally related because, of course, she had children. She realized God did not take her husband from her.

The "more" that was going on was forgiveness! Jesus always amazes me about the things He really DOESN'T care about! He didn't care that she was mad at Him; He healed her anyway.

I got this e-mail from her this morning:
Dear Friends
Thank you both so much for the time you spent with me last night. I slept, but not a lot, although I am rested this morning. I had dreams off and on all night (I don't normally dream).....remember some parts, some is vague, but the both of you were still here. Pain level is still subsiding. I don't understand why it is taking so long, but I really am not questioning, I know the pain will be gone. I have prayed for an answer as to whether to even keep my doctor appointment today. I know I am being healed! no doubt in my mind. I get answers to my prayers, but I have never heard Him tell me to stop speeding......anyway I think I am going to cancel the appointment. I think when I find my "instruction" book and start studying again things will become more clear.
Well I'm not sure I am making a lot of sense, my head and my heart are full and I am excited again for the first time in a long time. Jesus has been a part of my life always, but a lot of the time I don't cooperate, during those times He has always picked me up and carried me.....I think now He wants me back on my own two feet listening to Him. He has brought some incredible people (angels if you may) into my life, especially since April 12, 2006.
I Love you both
D
PS: almost forgot this.....I woke up once and there was a warm, no hot spot, small about the size of the palm of a hand, on my lower back. I went back to sleep knowing He was still working on me.
The "stop speeding" statement is based on something I said to her. She believed her life was spared once because God had some noble purpose for her life and she still didn't know what it was. I told her a story of right after my daughter was healed, I was high on God and kept asking Him what noble purpose He had for my life. I had visions (not literally) of a big healing ministry, or as a missionary, or travelling evangelist, etc. While driving down the road to work praising Him and asking Him, "What do you want me to do?" ... He spoke to me and simply said, "I want you to do the speed limit." I asked her why she thought God might've said that to me. And she saw immediately that God sucked the wind out of my ego "ministry" sails. Yes! The purpose of my life was to simply be a good husband, and good father, and give others Jesus along the way. LOL! I love Him!

The "instruction book" is an old Bible she recently misplaced.

I have no idea what she means by "April 12, 2006", but her and Jesus do.

Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment