Thursday, May 1, 2014

Jesus Heals Car Salesmen Too

Notoriously, car salesmen have a bad reputation. Kind of like lawyers. Most people have nothing but complaints and insults for folks holding those professions. Not that this is unwarranted, but it is certainly improper to judge someone in a profession by the profession itself instead of facing each person on an individual basis. For instance, my experience with car salesmen has been very positive the majority of time. In fact I have one particular man that has become MY car salesman. He works untiringly and has always given me the best deal that I have ever received from anyone in my area.

So, the last weekend when my middle daughter, Karahann decided she wanted rid of her "old" car for a newer one, this car salesman's name immediately came to mind. She asked me to go with her, since he knows me pretty well. So I did.

As usual, he was Johnny-on-the-spot. Another salesman had already quoted us a price, but when MY salesman heard that he said, "No, no, no. I will sell it to you at [this] price." A price MUCH lower than the one already quoted. As he went to work on the sale (he can also do the financial side of things too; in fact he is the main manager) we had times we could just chat. He and my daughter hit it off pretty good and I really didn't get much of a break to interject my opinion about mundane conversational things. However, when I heard him say, "Yeah, my back is killing me. I don't know what I did to it today, but I haven't been able to take a deep breath all day and I've been popping pain pills to keep it under control till I get off work."... my interest was suddenly piqued. My daughter, Karahann, knew it as well because she immediately looked over at me. She knows her old man pretty good.

So at one of the interludes where he was waiting on either the computer or one of the other salesmen to bring him something needed for the transaction; I said, "So, is your back still hurting you, like, right now?" Of course he replied it was. "Do you mind if I pray for you? Father God sometimes uses me to heal folks and get them out of pain." He was actually not taken aback by this. Why? Because a few years ago when he had a broken heart from a breakup with his girlfriend, he had asked me to have lunch with him and I had prayed for him for Jesus to heal his broken heart (see here, the 3rd bullet --> http://gregoryleonkiser.blogspot.com/2010/08/well-quite-bit-has-happened-since-my.html), and Jesus had touched him with His power like nothing he'd ever felt before (his words). So because of that experience he'd remembered he said, "You're not going to make me cry again are you?" LOL! I said, "Jesus had your number back then, friend, and He's got it again now. I believe He wants to relieve you of some physical pain this time." He wholeheartedly agreed... that mustard-seed-sized faith.

I got up from in front of his desk and walked behind him and laid my hand on his shoulder and prayed, "Father thank You for loving us. Thank You for your Son Jesus and what He did for us on the cross, bearing all our sins and pain. I speak to this pain and command it to leave in Jesus Name." That's it! He immediately said, "Wow, I'm burning up inside." I could feel the heat coming from his shoulder. He said, "Thanks so much." I said, "Do you feel any relief from pain?" As usual the person being prayed for is not really expecting results on the spot. He looked puzzled so I said, "Take a deep breath." He said, "Seriously?" I said, "Sure. Do it." So he did. His face widened with a grin and his face turned red. "No pain. Oh wow." He took several deep breaths. "I haven't been able to do that all day until just when you prayed!"

So you might be prejudiced against car salesmen, but Jesus ain't. Needless to say the car deal was made with all parties involved very satisfied... including Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Greg, I've been reading through your blog post and am amazed by how you are able to see healing manifest on a daily basis. See, I've been dealing with a physical problem now for 3 months and have been seeking God for a healing. Unfortunately, I haven't been seeing results. I'd love to contact you and explain my situation a bit more and ask you some questions. I'd love to get your opinion and some advice. If you wouldn't mind, could you contact me at rcampbell578@gmail.com? Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan, the manifestations of Jesus' power should be a normal every-day occurrence for every believer. After all, Jesus said we could do His works (John 14:12) and also that signs of healing would follow believers (not special apostles, or specially called healing evangelists; just plain ole believers like you and me).

    There is no need to seek God for healing. It is something He has already done for us in Jesus. Just like He has already forgiven our sins in Jesus, it manifests itself in our lives when we ask believing with no doubting.

    Place your hand, right now, over the affected area of your body and pray this in agreement with me. There is no time or distance in the spirit realm. This prayer will be a point of contact for Jesus to reach you when and where you are right now. He is faithful.

    Father, thank you that you want Ryan healed completely of this malady in his body. In agreement with Jesus and with Ryan, I command this thing to depart out of his body right now in Jesus' Name. I command your healing power to flow in his flesh right now. God's Dominion come! As in heaven so on earth! Now!

    You are probably feeling something happening to you right now. Sometimes this is heat, sometimes cold, sometimes tingling. Occasionally nothing much happens at first but you sense Father's loving presence. Whatever is happening to you at this moment, accept it. If it is not a full manifestation of your healing, read that prayer again and again. Meditate in the healing scriptures:

    "My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body." (Proverbs 4:20-22)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete